Saturday, April 25, 2009

Texas Time

Well, I made the journey without too much drama. It was a little nerve wracking. The van wasn't running good, funds were tight, and certain legalities were put aside. I had a little moment in El Paso where I looked down for some peanuts to snack on, while waiting to leave a parking lot, and accidently rolled into the car in front of me! Fortunately there was no damage, and we both happily drove off, though I might have been a little happier than the other person was! What a close call!
I'm writing this from the cabin I helped build last fall. It hasn't been finished out inside yet, but it looks like I'm going to call this home for at least a little while now. Home is becoming an increasingly abstract concept for me after 6 years of drifting about. Though I rolled after 1am last night, I did some basic unpacking today and setup a little corner to stay in upstairs. I spent a couple hours sorting out all the little electronics that got completely jumbled up during the trip. Now all the LM74xx chips are in order, along with the CM4xxx chips, transistors, resistors, capacitors, LEDs, etc.
I looked around and found a nice 4x6 board and a 2x6 that will make an excellent stand for the prototype unit.....

No comments:

Post a Comment